What we are doing to keep safe
To avoid the spread of the Covid-19 virus we have taken the following key steps to help us make sure we deliver care safely. Older people and people with weakened immune systems and those with long term conditions are more likely to be severely affected if they contract the virus so there’s steps that can be taken by everyone to keep the environment safe.
- We review our list of service users regularly and ensure that all their information is correct. We are aware of their individual needs and what is included in their care plan. This can tell us how susceptible to the virus they are
- We monitor our workers, making sure they are well and fit
- Care workers user personal protective Equipment (PPE) when working in close contact with anyone and when carrying out cleaning duties
- We ask service users to sign a consent form each morning when they are collected to say they are well and do not have any Covid-19 symptoms
- All areas within the Centre have been adjusted to facilitate social distancing occupancy
- Staff and volunteers have training on a regular basis to remind them of infection control
- The Centre ensures that the National Infection Prevention and Control Manual is used to guide all infection control procedures
- Service users wear face masks
- Wall mounted sanitisers are installed throughout the Centre
- The mini bus and the Centre are deep cleaned daily. The mini bus is also cleaned after each journey
- All staff have had Covid-19 vaccinations
- All staff carry out 3 Covid-19 tests per week
We also keep up to date with advice from the Scottish Government, the Care Inspectorate and West Lothian Council. We encourage our service users to enjoy sitting in the garden during the good weather.
We have a Covid-19 Risk Assessment in place which our colleagues from the NHS St John’s Hospital helped us to create and this is regularly reviewed.
This has not been an easy time but we follow all the necessary infection control procedures, keep up to date with hygiene best practice and continue to keep our service users and staff safe.